Perfactory® Vida 3D Printer
Our orthodontist can create retainers, mouth guards, and other oral appliance right here at Quality Orthodontic Care when we use the Perfactory® Vida 3D printer. This device is created by the EnvisionTEC company so dental and orthodontic practices can provide the appliances patients need more quickly and conveniently. The printer works by first scanning your mouth with a high-resolution projector that uses UV optics. The images and information taken by the projector are sent to our software system so our orthodontic team can digitally create an appliance. This digital creation is then sent to the 3D printer to make the appliance. Some of the materials we use for the appliances include:
- E-Appliance M: We use this nano-filled material to create orthodontic appliances on either polyvinyl, alcohol-based separators or a tin foil alternative through what we call a salt and pepper technique.
- E-Denstone Peach M: We use this fast, highly accurate material to decide optimal bracket placement using indirect bonding techniques.
- E-Partial M: We use this strong, flexible material to cast semi-precious metals for the creation of partial dentures.
- E-Guide M: We use this transparent material to act as a drill guide for implant placement.
- Ortho Tough M: We use this tough, resin material to create orthodontic aligners with vacuum thermoforming.
- E-Guard M: We use this transparent, biocompatible material to create night guards and bite splints.
Please contact Quality Orthodontic Care today if you have any questions about the appliances we can create with our Perfactory Vida 3D printer in Johns Creek, Georgia.